ENGINEERING & CONSULTING JOBS
Journeyman Electrician (OMDAC SWACA)
ACTIVE DoD SECRET CLEARANCE REQUIRED
Location: Bagram Airfield, Kandahar Airfield, and Kabul Metropolitan Area, Afghanistan
FLSA Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Clearance Level: Active DoD Secret Clearance
What to Expect in this Position:
Primarily performs field and sustainment level maintenance and technical support for large frame or facility grade Uninterrupted Power Supplies, various miscellaneous Battery Backup Systems, Rectifiers, Batteries, Primary Logic Controllers, and instrumentation, as well as Automatic/Manual Transfer Switches in the South West Asia area of operation.
What Else You Will Do:
- Performs the full range of operation and maintenance, to include but not limited to, scheduled and unscheduled installations, decommissioning, inspections, analysis, troubleshooting, and repairs.
- Perform monthly PMCSs of all batteries and UPS systems, to include bringing UPS systems online (load) and taking precise measurements validating operational readiness.
- Care and accountability of tools, test equipment, and materials involved in the performance of work.
- Read blueprints, produce red line and basic single line diagrams as well as rough shop drawings.
- Research and produce parts requests and coordinate with procurement for the delivery of Materials and Parts.
- Coordinate with Procurement for any quality issues on parts so that it can be rectified.
- Arrange the proper return and replacement of the defective item under warranty, repair, wrongly ordered or delivered item/s.
- Monitors repair parts usage to determine if current stock levels are adequate for maintaining repair schedule and submits the monthly requirement for procurement action.
- Maintain weekly status report on assigned assets or facilities.
- Coordinate with Sites for transportation/logistical support of parts and scheduling of PMCS services and unscheduled service repairs.
- Prepares appropriate maintenance forms, logs and records for accountability to include trip reports.
- Coordinate with the supervisor in advance for interruptions in service, and customer notification, this may require coordination with the military.
- Provides equipment-operating assistance to users and technical assistance upon request.
- Maintains accountability and serviceability of assigned assets and equipment to include calibration.
- Strict adherence to performance work statement requirements and associated references.
- Maintain, repair, and replace or install a broad range of electrical equipment and support systems in support of maintenance and/or construction activities.
- Work directly with tools of the trade performing testing, terminating, installation, troubleshooting, and repair, performing the duties of subordinate positions as needed.
- Ensure that all work performed is fully compliant with applicable sections of the NEC.
- Maintain, test, inspect, repair, and replace backup power and UPS systems and components following all applicable standards, guidelines, and requirements.
- Perform testing, wiring, terminating electrical connections, general installation of circuitry and components, troubleshooting, moving materials and related activities as required.
- Perform inspections and assist other Electricians during inspections or other assignments.
- Read and interpret blueprints, schematics, instructions, and other technical documentation.
- Complete records, maintain tools and equipment and perform various clean-up and housekeeping activities.
- Responsible for identifying proper materials, suitable for the use, listed, and as required for specific installations.
- Observe and follow all safety rules and procedures, including wearing required personal safety equipment.
- Understand the safe operation and applications of instruments provided for circuit analysis and testing, including power analyzers, ground rod resistance meters, ground fault loop impedance testers, residual current device testers, and similar test equipment standard in the trade.
- Classify electrical distribution systems, troubleshoot circuit faults on a broad range of applications.
What Equipment is Used:
- Diagnostic and test equipment relevant to trade, Lifting devices, Materiel handling equipment. Employee use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required in certain areas. Such PPE includes but is not limited to head, foot, hand, torso, respiratory, vision and hearing protective devices. Must comply with OSHA, EPA, Fire Regulations and published Company work rules.
Working Environment and Physical Activities:
- Shop and field environment; May be required to work an uncommon schedule including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to work in extreme environmental conditions including dust and high temperatures.
- Must have the ability to wear a respirator for long periods of time.
- Required to observe all safety and health requirements for field assignment.
- Must be able to continue performance during hostilities.
- Estimated travel within theater is 60%.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs continuously, 50 lbs intermittently. The work environment is often fast-paced and at times requires exposure to high heat and humidity.
- Will need to protect extremities and ensure proper use of PPE due to work environment.
What You Need to Qualify:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience
- Active Secret clearance.
- Must possess a valid and current Journeyman license/certification issued by a government or a government-recognized authority that includes an exam demonstrating suitable Journeyman-level knowledge of the National Electrical Code.
- Ability to interpret and apply manufacturer repair manuals, technical specifications, schematics, engineering drawings, and diagnostic tools.
- Knowledge in electrical theory and a deep understanding of power equations.
- Prefer US military training in power generation and electrical job fields. MOS 12P, 12R, 1141, 3E0XX
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Vocational training preferred.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to fluently read, write, and speak English.
- Prior military experience preferred.
- Experience working with diverse cultures and various trade skills in an austere, hazardous environment preferred.
It Would be Great if You Had:
- Five (5) years minimal hands-on experience in operation, maintenance, and repair of large frame Uninterrupted Power Supplies (UPS), Battery Backup Systems, and Primary Logic Controllers (PLC’s) supporting communications/data facilities.
Preferred Equipment Certification/Licensing:
- Eaton 93xx, Power technique UPS, Chloride Power UPS, Mitsubishi UPS, MGE UPS, APC (Large frame) UPS, Borri, Liebert UPS, Emerson Rectifiers, ASCO ATS logic, and Cummins ATS logic.
The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Positions may or may not require applicants selected to be subjected to a Caliburn background check and government security investigation. Certain job assignments may require an employee to successfully obtain and or maintain a security clearance and meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
For immediate consideration, please email your resume to Melani Gebhardt at firstname.lastname@example.org.