ENGINEERING & CONSULTING JOBS
Fire Protection Engineer – Camp Arifjan, Kuwait
ACTIVE SECRET CLEARANCE REQUIRED
Location: Camp Arifjan, Kuwait
FLSA Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Clearance Level: Active Secret Clearance
Summary of the Program:
Sallyport has been contracted to provide technical services including inspections, assessments, repairs, reports, and training for facilities throughout the US Army’s Central Command Area of Responsibility primarily Bahrain, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Tajikistan, Turkey, Turkmenistan, United Arab Emirates (UAE), Uzbekistan, and Yemen.
Services include electrical inspection and repairs of LIFE / HEALTH / SAFETY (LHS) deficiencies, fire prevention assessment and training, storage management of Government Property / Contractor Acquired Property (GP/CAP), construction and operations related inspections and assessments. The work will take place at existing US Military and coalition occupied facilities within the CENTCOM AOR.
Roles and Responsibilities of this Position:
- The Fire Protection Engineer is responsible for developing inspection criteria, fire protection designs; performing technical reviews of fire protection designs developed by architectural- engineering firms (A-E) or government organizations and resolving fire protection design-related problems arising during construction and inspection the inspection team. The Fire Protection Engineer will also be utilized for design review for the following areas:
- Water-Based Fire Suppression Systems design
- Special Hazard Systems design
- Fire Detection and Alarm Systems design
- Smoke Management Systems design
- Explosion Protection and Prevention Systems design
- Means of Egress design
This position is responsible for the following:
- Developing inspection criteria, fire protection designs; performing technical reviews of fire protection designs developed by architectural- engineering firms (A-E) or government organizations and resolving fire protection design related problems arising during construction and inspection by the USG inspection team.
- Assisting the USG for design review for the following disciplines: Water-Based Fire Suppression Systems design, Special Hazard Systems design, Fire Detection and Alarm Systems design, Smoke Management Systems design, Explosion Protection and Prevention Systems design, Means of Egress design.
- Performing fire protection review of plans for military construction projects, facility modernization, rehabilitation programs, or self-help projects for compliance with the NFPA codes/standards and UFC’s and participate in project charrettes and design reviews to ensure fire safety standards and criteria are adequately incorporated in project designs and cost estimates from the initiation of the project till completion. Project and plan reviews shall be performed by the Fire Protection Engineer.
- Applying experience and knowledge of science and engineering principles to analyze fire hazards; mitigation of fire damage by proper design, construction, arrangement, and use of buildings, materials, structures, industrial processes, and transportation systems; the design, installation and maintenance of fire detection and suppression and communication systems; and post-fire investigation and analysis.
- Working with the Fire Safety Assessment/Brigade Training Manager to oversee all administrative support and execution of the Fire Safety Assessment and Training Program
Minimum Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- US Citizen with an Active DOD Secret Clearance
- Must be fluent in English
- Valid US passport with blank visa pages and 6 months remaining
- Valid US Driver’s License
- Must meet all medical qualifications under the contract and meet other requirements applicable to working in the USARCENT/CENTCOM AOR
- Fire Protection Engineer, shall as a minimum be either:
- A registered professional engineer (P.E.) who has passed the fire protection engineering written examination administered by the National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveys (NCEES) or
- A registered P.E. in a related engineering discipline with a minimum of 5 years of experience, dedicated to fire protection engineering that can be verified with documentation.
- Candidate must have exceptional computer skills in common business software including email, spreadsheets, and document (MS-Outlook, MS-Excel, MS-Project, and MS-Word or equivalent).
- International experience and CENTCOM specific experience is preferred.
For immediate consideration, please email your resume to Melani Gebhardt at email@example.com.
Caliburn is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.