Engineering & Consulting Jobs
Project Controls and Cost Estimators – Richland, Washington
Caliburn International is always looking for professionals to expand our existing project control and estimating team supporting the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) at Hanford, WA. Responsibilities include providing analytical analysis of earned value management system (EVMS) metrics, and/or developing independent government cost estimates (IGCEs) and provide technical analysis of cost proposals.
Additional skills required to be successful include:
- Exceptional knowledge of Microsoft Excel and high-end Excel features, including functions and pivot tables.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook.
- Exclusive writing skills and ability to succinctly describe crucial project issues, actions, status, and recommended solutions that produce clear direction for the DOE to make informed and timely decisions.
- Combined depth of knowledge in the field of project controls, action tracking, EVMS analysis, review skills, and understanding of proprietary contractor software database.
- Strong initiative and innovation regarding the identification, assessment and reporting of existing or emerging project baseline vulnerabilities.
- Natural abilities to integrate seamlessly and productively with the federal staff to maximize awareness of project needs, functional roles, and personnel preferences while minimizing turnaround time of requested products and services.
- Excellent communication and interface skills; ability to elicit information and utilize in development of products and provision of support.
- Cost estimators should be familiar with MII cost estimating software; formal training may be required and provided.
- Perform takeoffs, apply unit rates for labor, material, subcontracts and other direct costs, apply labor resources and develop activities within the estimate that relate to scope of work that adequately describes all costs associated with the scope.
- Cost estimators should be able to self-perform development of rough order of magnitude to fair cost estimate without supervision.
- Lead estimate development efforts individually and as lead estimator on assigned IGCEs and interface directly with senior management to develop strategies, detailed plans, and supporting documentation for IGCEs.
- Develop and apply overheads, payroll taxes and general requirements to project IGCEs.
- Project Management Professional, Certified Cost Professional, or other recognized professional certification preferred.
Entry-level, Mid-Level, and Senior
MUST BE A U.S. CITIZEN
BS/BA degree in Finance, Management or relevant field of study. Alternately, an accredited high school certificate plus specialized financial management experience in addition to the requisite experience.
Project Management Professional, Certified Cost Professional, or other recognized professional certification preferred but not required.
For immediate consideration for this position, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You must have United States citizenship to be eligible for this position.