Engineering & Consulting Jobs
Project Controls Engineer – Ankara, Turkey
ACTIVE SECRET CLEARANCE REQUIRED
Location: Ankara, Turkey
FLSA Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Clearance Level: Active Secret Clearance
The Project Controls Engineer is responsible for managing the operations of the OBO/Ankara office as related to the construction contract’s cost and schedule, including preparing reports and other control documentation. Full gamut of construction project controls report drafting and production (MS Office Suite), cost management, schedule management (Primavera), change order management, submittal management, and commercial construction required.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ability to print reports and fragments, as requested by the Project Director, in Primavera scheduling software (P6).
- Provide analytical reviews of schedules in written report format.
- Ability to maintain both electronic and hard-copy sets of construction drawing and specification revisions on a weekly basis
- Must be able to maintain and coordinate all submittal and RFI reviews in projnet and work with both the A/E, construction contractor and OBO Washington
- Must be able to create cost estimates and scopes of work as required.
- Develop a working knowledge of all administrative requirements of the construction contract and required contract deliverables.
- Assure satisfactory and timely performance of all aspects of project control. Provide control of the contractor’s submittals and as-built drawings.
- Review contractor’s monthly application for payment and advise Project Director/COR of findings.
- Review and evaluate requests for contract modifications as to their need and whether they are already a part of existing contract requirements.
- Perform quantity take-offs and assist in preparation of Independent Government Estimates (IGEs).
- Provide support to the Project Director/COR in all contract administration matters. Negotiate modifications and/or claims, interpret contract requirements, e.g., payment provisions, general conditions, and Division I of the specifications.
- Participation in meetings and conferences as required.
- Prepare minutes of meetings attended.
- Maintain the daily construction log, organize daily inspection reports, track OBO equipment and project records.
- Assist and mentor administrative staff.
- Coordinate and cooperate with the Project Director/COR and other members of the Project Director’s staff.
- Undertake other duties as assigned by the Project Director/COR.
The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental, or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Independence – Job requires developing one’s own ways of doing things, guiding oneself with little or no supervision, and depending on oneself to get things done.
- Attention to Detail – Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Innovation – Job requires creativity and alternative thinking to develop new ideas for and answers to work-related problems.
- Persistence – Job requires persistence in the face of obstacles.
- Cooperation – Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Concern for Others – Job requires being sensitive to others’ needs and feelings and being understanding and helpful on the job.
- Self-Control – Job requires maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
- Achievement/Effort – Job requires establishing and maintaining personally challenging achievement goals and exerting effort toward mastering tasks.
- Minimum Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Required: a degree in Engineering (any discipline), Engineering Management, Construction Management, or Construction Engineering
- Active US government Secret clearance is required, TS clearance preferred
- Must have (7) years’ experience in the commercial construction industry.
- Overseas experience is required.
- Embassy construction program experience highly desired.
- Preference for certification as one of the following: Certified Cost Consultant, Certified Cost Engineer, Certified Cost Technician, or a Certified Estimating Professional, scheduling professional.
- Strong desire for a candidate with recent Primavera experience.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Must be able to work 60-hours/week, six days/week, 10 hours/day
- Must have the ability to stand, sit, walk, stoop, kneel, squat, crawl, climb, bend, balance and twist for extended periods.
- Must have the ability to lift up to 60 pounds on occasion.
- Must be able to safely maneuver throughout the job site, i.e., climb and walk on scaffolding, climb ladders, walk up or down steep grades.
For immediate consideration, please email your resume to Melani Gebhardt at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Caliburn is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.